Welcome to B-52 Pro-Audio.
Browse our complete catalog of equipment below...
>> Home <<
US Series Amplifiers
Prodigy DJ Workstations
ACTPRO Active Systems
ACT-Series Active Systems
Folded Horn Subwoofers
Download B-52 Assets
B-52 Video Highlights
B-52 Feedback: Your Say
LX-1818V3 - Dual 18" Folded Horn Subwoofer
The LX-18AV3 (active) and LX-18V3 (passive) are the third generation of our powerful folded horn subwoofer design, hailed by music professionals for their reliability, performance and affordability. The V3 is bigger, louder and better. V3 improvements include a larger cabinet with an improved horn design and our new overbuilt class H amplifier. At the heart of these folded horn cabinets is the new 18-220X subwoofer which provides higher efficiency and an ultra-efficient heat management system which keeps the speaker cool even when driven at high SPLs.
The LX-1818V3 delivers 2000 watts of earth-shaking bass. While the subwoofers are connected in parallel, precision-placed internal dividers allow each driver to fire into the throat of the horn without cancellation. Each subwoofer is housed in a compression chamber, allowing the subwoofers to produce tight, punchy bass without over excursion.
• Made in the U.S.A.
• Rugged, impact-resistant black carpet finish
• Void-free, 7-layer, 3/4” plywood construction for maximum durability and minimum weight
• Input connections: (2) 1/4” metal phone
jacks and (1) Neutrik™ NL 4 Speakon™ connector
• Reinforced internal bracings are used to fortify the cabinet
• 4” heavy-duty casters
SPL @ 1w1m:
Dimensions (W” x H” x D”):
24 x 55 x 36
|At the heart of the beast
All B-52 folded-horn cabinets are loaded with the new B-52 18-220X subwoofer which provides high-power handling, great efficiency, very low distortion and accurate sound reproduction. Key features include:
• 4-inch “inside/outside” voice coil wound on both
sides of the glass fiber coil former, providing more
effective cooling through greater air contact
• The light weight and robust cast aluminum frame is
shaped to minimize reflections on the back of the cone
• The entire loudspeaker is designed to work as a “heat sink” for extreme cooling efficiency
• The advanced magnet topology ensures an even
distribution of magnetic flux throughout the whole
magnet assembly, resulting in symmetrical motor
movement preventing stray flux which can cause
• The glass-fiber impregnated cone incorporates a
sealed surround and added edge-damping to greatly
reduce the occurrence of unwanted cone resonances
• The vented magnet ensures constant air circulation to drive heat away from the magnet assembly
|Built-in compression chamber
The 18” subwoofers are housed in a compression chamber that minimizes the excursion of the driver while maximizing the subwoofers’ output. The optimally-sized acoustic aperture of the compression chambers forms the throat of the horn and helps force the air at an increased velocity and pressure. The compression chamber optimizes the horn’s output, allowing for amazing output levels.